I have to create a script runner custom field

I have to create a script runner custom field and populate the value from the from below query 

Please let me know how to achieve this

issueFunction in aggregateExpression("Total Estimate for all Issues", "originalEstimate.sum()",
"Remaining work", "remainingEstimate.sum()") and Sprint in openSprints()

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Jenna Davis Community Champion Nov 06, 2017

Hello, 

Can you please clarify exactly what you're wanting to do? What type of field are you wanting to populate and how?

There's a bit more information on the aggregateExpression function here, and more information on script fields here. One of those pages might help you out. 

Jenna

Hello Jenna,

I have to create custom field to populate the result of below query 

project=AAAA and issueFunction in aggregateExpression("remainingEstimate.sum()") and Sprint in openSprints()

Let me know the steps.Thanks

Unfortunately, aggregateExpression won't work in the way you're looking for. You'll have to run the JQL search in your scripted field, then do the math on your query result in your code. 

You also need to be aware of the limitations that come with running jql searches in scripted fields.  

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

112 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you