I have this problem starting up Jira how i fixed

Oswaldo JAIMES June 16, 2014

JIRA Startup Failed

The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started:

• Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Project Config Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-project-config-plugin)
  • Atlassian OAuth Admin Plugin (com.atlassian.oauth.admin)
  • Embedded Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.embedded)
  • Gadget Dashboard Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard)
  • Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Look And Feel Logo Upload Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.lookandfeel)
  • Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - REST Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.rest)
  • Atlassian OAuth Service Provider Plugin (com.atlassian.oauth.serviceprovider)
  • Opensocial Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.opensocial)
  • Gadget Directory Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.directory)
  • Atlassian Navigation Links Plugin (com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-nav-links-plugin)
  • Applinks Product Plugin (com.atlassian.applinks.applinks-plugin)
  • Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.gadgets)
  • Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Quick Edit Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-quick-edit-plugin)
  • Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Issue Navigation (com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-nav-plugin)

4 answers

2 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2014

It seems to be a plugin time out issue. You can try the documentation below to increase the time-out limit.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+System+Plugin+Timeout+While+Waiting+for+Plugins+to+Enable

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2014

There's a swathe of things to look at under

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Troubleshooting+JIRA+Startup+Failed+Error

(Which does pretty much say that Luciano's link is the very first thing to try)

0 votes
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2014

We would need to take a look into the complete logs to provide with a more assertive answer.

But as far as I can tell, it might be some permission issue of the user that is trying to start JIRA, so the user can't populate the files required for those plugins to start, or as my colleague has mentioned, the plugins are facing a time out problem during the start.

Ensure that the following directories can be written to by this dedicated user account (e.g. 'jira'):

And follow the instructions of the article that my colleague has mentioned, and feel free to contact support.atlassian.comfor further assistance.

Cheers.

Oswaldo JAIMES July 2, 2014
I decide to change from pc to server the installation and it is find now.
0 votes
Oswaldo JAIMES June 16, 2014

I been tring to install Jira many times and i have de same problem dont know what to do

Suggest an answer