• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I have this group and I have granted it with the Voters and Watchers permission. But still these users are unable to add watchers to the issues they create. Any ideas, Help please.

I have this group and I have granted it with the Voters and Watchers permission. But still these users are unable to add watchers to the issues they create. Any ideas, Help please.

luvo October 17, 2016

I have this group and I have granted it with the Voters and Watchers permission. But still these users are unable to add watchers to the issues they create. Any ideas, Help please.

2 answers

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2016

Do you by any chance see two watchers fields? Component watcher adds a extra field that is propagated from the original watchers field, but on our instance we can only add watchers to one:

double.watcher.png

In that case, you can only add users to one, the other will cause an error.

Another thing, i have see that in some instances you need to use the edit screen to add watchers (i.e. click edit on issue, add the watcher), rather than adding the watcher on the view-screen you would normally see if just opening an issue. See if any of this applies to you.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2016

How, exactly, have you granted this permission?  Did you use the right group in the right permission scheme for the project?

luvo October 17, 2016

Ok this what is happening. I have this project called ABCD and this project uses a permission scheme called 12345. So, on the permission scheme under Voters & Watchers Permissions I added my group. See the the attached screenshot. But still the members of this group cannot add watchers.jmrusers.PNG

Suggest an answer