I have several read only fields that I need to have cleared when cloning the issue.

Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2015

I have Issue A that has 5 Text (Read Only) custom fields that are very useful.  However, when I clone Issue A, the clone issue B has those values and they may no longer be relevant.

Since the field is Read Only, it can't be edited.  I tried adding a Post Function on the Create transition, but the Read Only fields do not appear as options.

What can be done?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2015

Much research later, this is the only viable, non-paid option that can be done without coding:

1. Create new fields to replace the read only fields, but do not include them on any Edit screens.
  2. Use the Copy Custom Field Values built in script available from Script Runner. (https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts
  3. Find and update filters using the old, read-only field (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/182814)
  4. **Update CRM mappings (unique to my situation) to use new fields.
  5. Remove old, read-only field from layout and field schemes.
  6. Add post function to clear the values from the new fields on "Create" so they will be empty when cloned.

Not simple, and somewhat risky.

0 votes
Rodrigo Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2015

Hello Brian, I found this previous topic with some suggestions about it. One of them is using Jira Clone-Plus, but it's a paid solution.

Regards,

Rodrigo Rosa

Suggest an answer