I have several read only fields that I need to have cleared when cloning the issue.

I have Issue A that has 5 Text (Read Only) custom fields that are very useful.  However, when I clone Issue A, the clone issue B has those values and they may no longer be relevant.

Since the field is Read Only, it can't be edited.  I tried adding a Post Function on the Create transition, but the Read Only fields do not appear as options.

What can be done?

2 answers

1 accepted

Much research later, this is the only viable, non-paid option that can be done without coding:

1. Create new fields to replace the read only fields, but do not include them on any Edit screens.
  2. Use the Copy Custom Field Values built in script available from Script Runner. (https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts
  3. Find and update filters using the old, read-only field (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/182814)
  4. **Update CRM mappings (unique to my situation) to use new fields.
  5. Remove old, read-only field from layout and field schemes.
  6. Add post function to clear the values from the new fields on "Create" so they will be empty when cloned.

Not simple, and somewhat risky.

Hello Brian, I found this previous topic with some suggestions about it. One of them is using Jira Clone-Plus, but it's a paid solution.

Regards,

Rodrigo Rosa

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

302 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you