I have screens with Assignee field, how do I make this a requirement during transition?

Davina Tsosie December 21, 2016

I tried the Validator required field for Assignee with a message but it doesn't transition even if I have a user selected in Assignee field.

The issue will flow through several users but after one user completes their task, they'll have to send it to the next user and in that transition screen I've included Assignee but it's not a requirement. I'd like to make it mandatory for that field to have a user prior to transition. Please help

Thanks, Davina

image2016-12-21 14:52:49.png

3 answers

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2016

Hi Davina,

You have selected the "assignee" field as a required field. On your issue transition screen, you are using the "assign user" field. Those are two different fields and the "assignee" is not filled out in your screenshot. That's why JIRA is showing you the message.

0 votes
Davina Tsosie December 21, 2016

When the user clicks to transition to next step in workflow, I'd like them to see a screen that has the Assignee field, to assign the issue to the next analyst needed. Make it a requirement they assign it before transitioning. Below is a screenshot of how the validator is setup.

image2016-12-21 15:40:54.png

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2016

Can you explain how you've set up the current validator? It seems like you're trying to fulfill a specific business-case. 

Suggest an answer