• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I have recently customized the workflow and now when the issues are marked as closed they remain unresolved. I set the resolution field as mandatory but then even for new tasks it keeps asking for a resolution which at that point can not be set.

I have recently customized the workflow and now when the issues are marked as closed they remain unresolved. I set the resolution field as mandatory but then even for new tasks it keeps asking for a resolution which at that point can not be set.

Syed Hasan January 1, 2017

I have recently customized the workflow and now when the issues are marked as closed they remain unresolved. I set the resolution field as mandatory but then even for new tasks it keeps asking for a resolution which at that point can not be set as no one started on working on it. 

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2017

You don't need to set the resolution as mandatory at all, take that flag off it.

What you've done with the workflow is missed either

1. A post-function to set the resolution
  2. A screen on the transition that has the resolution on it for the user to select

One of those two needs to go on to any workflow transition that goes into a "closed" type status.  You'll want a "clear resolution" post-function on any transition out of a "closed" type status to an "open" type one.

0 votes
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2022

Post function 

Suggest an answer