I have permission "Browse Project" but I can't tag anyone in my company when commenting on an issue.

Deleted user September 28, 2013

1. I use Jira with link: vinsuites.atlassian.net

2. I have permission "Browse Project" in all projects

3. I open an issue and comment on this issue.

4. I try to tag a other user use "@" but I can't tag anyone.

Please help me understand.

4 answers

1 vote
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2013

you go to Admin->Global Permissions->Add Permission->{Select Browse Users}->{Add the group you want}

1 vote
Rodrigo Faria October 13, 2013

Hi guys, i am having the same issue, but only for my users group. anyone on this group cannot tag people on issue comments. if I am loged as administrator i can tag people normally..

I could not find this Browse Users Permmissions in Global Permissions.

Any idea?

elad winkler September 25, 2016

You are looking in a project specific permission and not in Global Permissions as Bharadwaj suggested.

I got there by pressing on the top right corner on the 3 line button -> Configure -> on the page that opens press on the System in the menu bar -> on the left side panel press on Global permissions -> then on the button add Browse User permission to the group you want.

Cameron Holt April 21, 2017

Thanks for detailing out. This helped.

1 vote
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2013

Could you check if you have the 'Browse Users' permission in Global Permissions?

0 votes
Deleted user September 28, 2013

thanks ! I will check this permission.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events