I have permission "Browse Project" but I can't tag anyone in my company when commenting on an issue.

1. I use Jira with link: vinsuites.atlassian.net

2. I have permission "Browse Project" in all projects

3. I open an issue and comment on this issue.

4. I try to tag a other user use "@" but I can't tag anyone.

Please help me understand.

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Could you check if you have the 'Browse Users' permission in Global Permissions?

Hi guys, i am having the same issue, but only for my users group. anyone on this group cannot tag people on issue comments. if I am loged as administrator i can tag people normally..

I could not find this Browse Users Permmissions in Global Permissions.

Any idea?

You are looking in a project specific permission and not in Global Permissions as Bharadwaj suggested.

I got there by pressing on the top right corner on the 3 line button -> Configure -> on the page that opens press on the System in the menu bar -> on the left side panel press on Global permissions -> then on the button add Browse User permission to the group you want.

Thanks for detailing out. This helped.

you go to Admin->Global Permissions->Add Permission->{Select Browse Users}->{Add the group you want}

thanks ! I will check this permission.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

112 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you