• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I have over 100 'Issues without parent Program Epic". When I traverse back thru JIRA, they are all linked to a parent. Is there a bug or a trick to the linkage for Portfolio?

I have over 100 'Issues without parent Program Epic". When I traverse back thru JIRA, they are all linked to a parent. Is there a bug or a trick to the linkage for Portfolio?

Tracy G. M. October 10, 2016

3 answers

1 vote
Derek Huether October 11, 2016

I had this problem as well. In my case, the Epic was owned by another team with different board. After I added the board to the Portfolio Plan, the "Issues without parent Program Epic" dropped significantly. 

0 votes
jorhett_ttam April 27, 2018

The search query for the plan, or the search query for the board the plan uses, must pick up the Epic in the results for it to shown on the board.

Same answer to see other project Epics on the backlog view FYI.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2016

This sounds like a bug! Can you provide a screenshot or more information so we can see what's the deal, or perhaps you can open a Support Request with Atlassian? support.atlassian.com 

Suggest an answer