• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I have multiple groups to whom a ticket can be assigned. How can i notify only the group to whom tickets are assigned and restrict other groups from viewing the ticket in jira

I have multiple groups to whom a ticket can be assigned. How can i notify only the group to whom tickets are assigned and restrict other groups from viewing the ticket in jira

Giri Rajan April 27, 2012

I have multiple groups to whom tickets can be assigned. How can i notify only that group and restrict other groups by viewing the ticket

3 answers

0 votes
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2012

For the visibility portion, wouldn't issue security (security schemes) work? set the security based on what group can see it?

The behaviours plugin will also allow to have visibility turned on/off. But that may be more at a field level rather than a issue level.

Giri Rajan April 29, 2012

i would not know the group upfront as they are selected on the fly. I have multiple vendors so i have created a Vendor Role and assigned all vendor groups to it for e.g Vendor1, Vendor 2...

Now when i assign the ticket to a vendor (Assingning ticket is done using a plugin screen ) they can either change the status to Inprogress or pending.

Let's assume i have selected Vendor1 on the fly... if Vendor2 login's i dont want them to see the ticket in the first place.. i am fine for them to view the ticket but not change the status.

Is this possible.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2012

Use a group custom field in the notifications and permissions like Browse. And give Create permission to all. Also, make that field mandatory while creating!

When the user selects the group on the screen while creating the issue, only members of that group will be able to see the issue.

0 votes
Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2012

You can notify groups by the following steps:

- creating a new event (admin -> Event)\

- change event in your workflow from Generic Event to <Custom Event>

- In notfication scheme, add notification for that <custom event>

The second part is tricky on restricting. I am going to assume you have a list of groups and you want to restrict it to whatever the user select? If that is the case, then you might be able to do this by adding a script in the condition part of the workflow (via Script Runner plugin of course).

Hope this helps!

Giri Rajan April 27, 2012

I believe the custom event is preconfigured and in this case i would not know the group until i select it in the screen. For e.g i have multiple vendors and i have to assign ticket to one vendor group and i want mails to be triggered to that group which i have selected.

Suggest an answer