I have marked several of my filters as "Share with everbody" but nobody can see them. What needs to be done?

Roger Spurzem July 24, 2012

As usual, JIRA proves to be overly complicated. I'm anxious to hear how convoluted this answer is bound to be.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

So my coworker searched for my shared filters and found them. She then subscribed to one and it still didn't show up on her list of favorites. She then selected "run now" for the subscription and got it sent to her in an email. Still not on her favorite list. This is even more convoluted than I imagined.

Yes, I now see after my co-worker and I spent a lot of time following your leads that it does work. The bottom line as I see it is that it takes less time to make your own filters. Sharing filters requires too many steps. I will recommend that our tem abandon tryiing to use this feature. I've already wasted too much time on this.

I do thank you for your assistance.

0 votes
Deleted user July 24, 2012

where it says 'Add shares'..to the right ... make sure you hit the add button before you save it.

I have missed that once or twice assuming that just selecting the values out of the drop down was sufficent

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2012

Did they search for the filters but unable to find them? What happens when you send them the filter url. Are they able to see the results?

How does one "search" for the filters? Yes, the person can see the results if she goes to the URL I sent her, but how does she make this one of her favorites? I'll bet this is a feature that almost nobody is really using because they think they are, but really haven't gone through all the steps necessary to make it actually happen.

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2012

Roger, it really works.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2012

Users can search for the filters under "Manage Filters" and mark them as favorite.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=185729481#SavingSearchesIssueFilters-findingfilters

Suggest an answer