I have marked several of my filters as "Share with everbody" but nobody can see them. What needs to be done?

As usual, JIRA proves to be overly complicated. I'm anxious to hear how convoluted this answer is bound to be.

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

So my coworker searched for my shared filters and found them. She then subscribed to one and it still didn't show up on her list of favorites. She then selected "run now" for the subscription and got it sent to her in an email. Still not on her favorite list. This is even more convoluted than I imagined.

Yes, I now see after my co-worker and I spent a lot of time following your leads that it does work. The bottom line as I see it is that it takes less time to make your own filters. Sharing filters requires too many steps. I will recommend that our tem abandon tryiing to use this feature. I've already wasted too much time on this.

I do thank you for your assistance.

0 votes

Did they search for the filters but unable to find them? What happens when you send them the filter url. Are they able to see the results?

How does one "search" for the filters? Yes, the person can see the results if she goes to the URL I sent her, but how does she make this one of her favorites? I'll bet this is a feature that almost nobody is really using because they think they are, but really haven't gone through all the steps necessary to make it actually happen.

Roger, it really works.

Users can search for the filters under "Manage Filters" and mark them as favorite.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=185729481#SavingSearchesIssueFilters-findingfilters

where it says 'Add shares'..to the right ... make sure you hit the add button before you save it.

I have missed that once or twice assuming that just selecting the values out of the drop down was sufficent

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

455 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you