I have jira 5.2.x. I need to add Jira Agile functionality. Upgrading the version of jira is not an option. What do I do now??

Deleted user October 7, 2015

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2015

Install the Agile addon

Unfortunately, it's been sacked off the marketplace as "JIRA Software" bundles it as I suspect the Atlassian mindset is that "everyone should be on JIRA 7 by now", but you can still install and use it in older versions.

Grab the latest valid for 5.2 download from https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira/versions and then go find the licence in your my.Atlassian account

Deleted user October 8, 2015

Sorry for not being 100% clear in the question. I have the add-in, that is not a problem, the issue is how do I get it licensed if I presently only have the Jira license for this particular server. Can I still get a Jira Agile license for 5.2.x? Or am I forced to upgrade to a Jira Software license and pay for Jira again?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2015

Ah, I see. I read the question the other way. You will not need to upgrade to JIRA Software or pay again. If you already have a JIRA Agile licence, you should be able to grab it from your my.atlassian account. If you have not, then it's a bit more of a pain because Atlassian have removed the ability to automatically generate the old style licence and you'll need to ask Sales to create a new Agile licence for you. (At least, I think that's the case)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events