I have implemented a workflow with new,inprogress,ready for qa,pending clarification

sai krishna June 16, 2017
In this workflow in pending clerificafion i have two transition 1.close
2.clerificationgiven to inprogress
When i click on clerification give it goes to in progress
At that time based on resolution if resolution is not equal to done or fixed then it should not show ready for qa in inprogess transition
For that i have use validation are condition if so which validation/condition i have to use and how

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2017

You need a condition here, one that says "if resolution is done or fixed".  A condition will stop the user using (or even seeing) a transition when it is not matched.

I don't know of an off-the-shelf condition that will check the resolution, but there are plenty in add-ons that can do it.

sai krishna June 18, 2017

What are the plugin required can u tell me the names of plugin please

Are we can write the script for this condition.

can you suggest me where i can find the script.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2017

I'd use the Script Runner add-on, but there are others in the marketplace that might be able to do it.  Try typing "workflow" or "condition" into the search.

Suggest an answer