• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I have given administrator permissions to the user, but he could not get access admin permissions on the project.As well there is no grant permissions are working here, could you help me out ?

I have given administrator permissions to the user, but he could not get access admin permissions on the project.As well there is no grant permissions are working here, could you help me out ?

Deleted user February 24, 2016

The question is regarding to JIRA

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ezra Rezky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

Hi laxminaarayna!

To be able to administer the project, having a JIRA administrator permission is not enough, as he would need the project administration permission. You can give him the permission to administer project through the permission scheme, like in the picture below:

Screenshot from 2016-02-25 14:05:35.png

You might as well want to read some Atlassian documentation on how to manage Project Roles, and Permission Scheme. You can read about them from these links:

1. Managing Project Roles
  2. Managing Project Permissions

Hope my answer can help you, and I wish you a good day!

Warm Regards,
Ezra A. R. A.

2 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

Having global Administator permission does not mean you can can browse every project. Project permissions are handled within a projects permission scheme. So you need to grant permission there as well.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2016

Admin permissions gives you admin rights, not "everything" (because it's a dreadful access model).  As an admin, you will be able to see all the projects configuration details, from the administrators project list, and hence have access to change their users and permissions and schemes etc, so you can give yourself access.

0 votes
Deleted user February 24, 2016

Yea i have done all the things whichever mentioned in the above links but it couldn't work.Finally i have created the group under the user management section then added that group in the permission scheme which is currently applied for respective project by giving project administrator access, yes its working fine.Now the user is getting all the project administrator access.

Thanks for you support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events