• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • I have given administrator permissions to the user, but he could not get access admin permissions on the project.As well there is no grant permissions are working here, could you help me out ?

I have given administrator permissions to the user, but he could not get access admin permissions on the project.As well there is no grant permissions are working here, could you help me out ?

The question is regarding to JIRA

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi laxminaarayna!

To be able to administer the project, having a JIRA administrator permission is not enough, as he would need the project administration permission. You can give him the permission to administer project through the permission scheme, like in the picture below:

Screenshot from 2016-02-25 14:05:35.png

You might as well want to read some Atlassian documentation on how to manage Project Roles, and Permission Scheme. You can read about them from these links:

1. Managing Project Roles
  2. Managing Project Permissions

Hope my answer can help you, and I wish you a good day!

Warm Regards,
Ezra A. R. A.

Having global Administator permission does not mean you can can browse every project. Project permissions are handled within a projects permission scheme. So you need to grant permission there as well.

Admin permissions gives you admin rights, not "everything" (because it's a dreadful access model).  As an admin, you will be able to see all the projects configuration details, from the administrators project list, and hence have access to change their users and permissions and schemes etc, so you can give yourself access.

Yea i have done all the things whichever mentioned in the above links but it couldn't work.Finally i have created the group under the user management section then added that group in the permission scheme which is currently applied for respective project by giving project administrator access, yes its working fine.Now the user is getting all the project administrator access.

Thanks for you support

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

123 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you