I have defined two custom fields (Select List) in JIRA and I want to link these fields

Nimisha_Parmar November 27, 2017

I want to link two Select List type Custom Fields in JIRA in such a manner that on the basis of the option selected in field 1, Options of field 2 appears.

Example: Say Field 1 is Food Type and options are Veg and Non-Veg.

Field 2 is Menu and it has names of various veg and non veg dishes in it.

Now in Field 1 when I select Veg, in Menu field all veg dishes should appear and in Field 1 when I select Non-Veg, in Menu field all non-veg dishes should appear. How do I configure this?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2017

Hello,

You need to create cascading select custom field. In configuration settings for the field you can define child values for each parent value. This field will actually represent two fileds on the screen. One field will contain parent values and the other field will contain child values. Child values will be filtered by parent value.

Nimisha_Parmar November 28, 2017

Thank you Alexey!

One more query.What if instead of two steps I want three step cascading field. For example, before selecting Veg or Non-veg, I also want to select Culture.

To make it more clear, Say first I select Culture (Eastern or Western), then Food Type (Veg of Non-Veg) and last select menu based on previous two options.

Is this possible and how?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2017

You can not do it for 3 fields, only for 2 fields.

If you are not on Cloud version and you have Adaptivist Scriptrunner, then you can use Scriptrunner behaviours, but you would need to code.

You can read more here about Scriptrunner

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.2.2/jira/behaviours-overview.html

Nimisha_Parmar November 30, 2017

Thank you Alexey, I will check scripting option.

Suggest an answer