• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I have created an agile board with various columns and status and then started the sprint, however, I now want to add more columns and status in the board, so, when I go to configure board, only column button is there and status button isn't there.

I have created an agile board with various columns and status and then started the sprint, however, I now want to add more columns and status in the board, so, when I go to configure board, only column button is there and status button isn't there.

Don Britto October 10, 2016

I have created an agile board with various columns and status and then started the sprint, however, I now want to add more columns and status in the board, so, when I go to configure board, only column button is there and status button isn't there. I need to add status as well. I am also logged in as an administrator. Can you please let me know why the status button isn't there? For another board, where I have not started the sprint, both column and status button show up when trying to configure board.

1 answer

0 votes
Mathiyalagan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2016

Hi @Don Britto,

Please make sure if your project(s) is may using JIRA workflow, you may want to switch to Simplified Workflow. Only then you can add column & new statuses from within JIRA Agile.

Refer: https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/configuring-a-board/configuring-columns/using-jira-agile-simplified-workflow

Suggest an answer