• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I have created a field configuration and field configuration scheme for a JIRA project. This configuration and scheme is assigned *only* to one project. BUT, when I create a custom field, the new custom field ends up in all of my projects. Suggestions?

I have created a field configuration and field configuration scheme for a JIRA project. This configuration and scheme is assigned *only* to one project. BUT, when I create a custom field, the new custom field ends up in all of my projects. Suggestions?

Mary Kao February 17, 2014

I have created a field configuration and field configuration scheme for a JIRA project. This configuration and scheme is assigned *only* to one project. BUT, when I create a custom field, the new custom field ends up in all of my projects. Suggestions?

2 answers

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2014

In addition to what Nic mentioned, when creating a custom field, you can also configure which projects and/or issue types it would appear in (as part of the custom field context). Further info on this here : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+a+Custom+Field

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2014

A field config scheme automatically includes all fields.

When you add a new field, it is defaulted to "visible" in all the field configurations you've effectively added it to.

So, the only suggestion I've really got is "when you add a new field, remember it's going to appear in all the field configs and remember to edit them all"

Sascha Mareth September 10, 2014

We noted this as well I had hoped there is a way to invert this behavior. We have several field configurations and whenever I insert one specific field I have to unhide it everywhere to stay clean. (Even if it is considered in screens and types etc.) The other way around would be better in our case:-)

Suggest an answer