I have created a custom event and associated it to all schemes needed but doesn't work

Françoise Rizzi July 10, 2017

I have created a custom event specific for a issue type

From there I have created a workflow scheme for that issue type

In that workflow I have edited the post-function event to the custom event I have created.

To make sure it works, I have re-indexed

I tried testing it and it doesn't seem to work.  I created an issue associated to the custom event but the email doesn't seem to be triggered.

Am I missing a step or a configuration to make sure that the email is sent?

Thank you for your help.

Françoise  

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2017

Which transition(s) did you change the event fired on?  Are you sure you are going through one of them?  (As "create" usually fires "created issue", and most of us don't change that one)

Yes I am sure.

I edited the create transition, when to the post-function of that transition to call the newly created event.

Would the fact that I use cloud based change any of this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2017

Cloud shouldn't affect it at all.  You did publish the new workflow too?  (That's the one I forget all the time)

Also, what template did you use for the event notification?

Yes I did.  I used the create template for the custom event notification.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2017

Ok, and there's no email at all arriving on create?  Do you have "email me on my issue updates" enabled in your profile?

Françoise Rizzi July 12, 2017

I was testing with another user to see if he was getting the notifications and he wasn't.  I will test it with enabling my profile.  I will see how that goes.

Thank you.

Françoise Rizzi July 12, 2017

It works! Thank you! :) 

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2017

I don't see where you updated the notification scheme.

Oops.  Forgot to mention that I did update the notification scheme.  

I see the event and I added a group to be notified.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2017

Then I don't know. It looks correct. 

Suggest an answer