I have an old sprint, with no issues, it seems to be started, but cannot be endet

Stephan Voigt December 14, 2015

I have an old sprint, with no issues, it seems to be started, but cannot be endet. I have admin permissions, and the sprint prevents that the next can be started. This is a nightmare. I really wished as admin I could truly manage the sprints. That restricted hidden sprint handling is not very agile. There is no close or start sprint-button, and moving a ticket in the sprint does not change that. I just can't do anything with regular GUI.

my question: how can I get rid of that empty sprint. Guess I need a sql statement to do so.

2 answers

0 votes
Stephan Voigt December 15, 2015

Hi James,

I wanted to answer immediately, but the system allows me just 1 question OR answer per day. (omg how silly) However, your hint does not apply to me since we use v.10.4.11 atm., and the GUI there is very different (no work mode, no cog dropdown etc) 

However I was able to solve this meanwhile with some luck & help. The problem had become painfull, since it prevented me from starting the right sprint with this old sprint still in place, so I went over to the admins to check the database. When I showed him the problem on his mashine, there was a drop down with close sprint ability. 

I think the difference was that I am just a JIRA admin, while he was the Jira-system admin with extended rights. (JIRA knows now these two different admin-types). Anyway, I was lucky to be able to move on. 

However I still call this design a poor one, since it created a lot of additional work to get the problem solved.

Topic solved

0 votes
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2015

Suggest an answer