I have added additional steps to the workflow but when I apply the workflow to my project/JIRA I don't see the additional steps that I added?

Sonia Talreja January 6, 2015

Hi,

I have edited and also tried to create a new workflow to add to my project/JIRA but somehow the additional steps are not being displayed in my project/JIRA.  Please help.

I tried to two ways:

1)  Created new workflow by copying an existing workflow and changed/edited the workflow by adding/removing the steps/status.  Published it.  Applied to a project/ JIRA.

2) Opened a project, edited the workflow, published it and then applied to the project/jira.

For some reason the additional steps that I am adding or removing are not reflecting in the JIRAs even though I have published the workflow. Not sure what am I doing wrong? 

A quick response would be really appreciated.

Sonia

2 answers

0 votes
Jochen Häberle March 20, 2015

What you see are not the steps but the transitions. Are you sure you defined the needed transitions?

You need a transition starting at the status/step a issue is in and ending with the desired target state.

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2015

Does the workflow scheme apply to the issue types you are viewing? I would also try re-indexing JIRA: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Re-Indexing+after+Major+Configuration+Changes

Suggest an answer