• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • I have added additional steps to the workflow but when I apply the workflow to my project/JIRA I don't see the additional steps that I added?

I have added additional steps to the workflow but when I apply the workflow to my project/JIRA I don't see the additional steps that I added?

Hi,

I have edited and also tried to create a new workflow to add to my project/JIRA but somehow the additional steps are not being displayed in my project/JIRA.  Please help.

I tried to two ways:

1)  Created new workflow by copying an existing workflow and changed/edited the workflow by adding/removing the steps/status.  Published it.  Applied to a project/ JIRA.

2) Opened a project, edited the workflow, published it and then applied to the project/jira.

For some reason the additional steps that I am adding or removing are not reflecting in the JIRAs even though I have published the workflow. Not sure what am I doing wrong? 

A quick response would be really appreciated.

Sonia

2 answers

0 vote
Boris Berenberg Community Champion Jan 06, 2015

Does the workflow scheme apply to the issue types you are viewing? I would also try re-indexing JIRA: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Re-Indexing+after+Major+Configuration+Changes

What you see are not the steps but the transitions. Are you sure you defined the needed transitions?

You need a transition starting at the status/step a issue is in and ending with the desired target state.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,334 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot