I have a user who is able to removed watchers in one project but not another.

Donald Skanes November 14, 2017

I have a user who is able to removed watchers in one project but not another. 

The user has project administrator role in both projects. The project roles in both projects are the same.

How can I determine why the user cannot remove watchers from one but not the other project.

2 answers

0 votes
Donald Skanes February 6, 2018

Turned out the Project Importer did not update the database correctly and I needed to run a SQL command to update the number of watchers for all issues that were incorrect.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

"Project admin" is irrelevant here.  Try looking for the permission to "manage watchers".

Donald Skanes November 14, 2017

The user is part of the Project Admins and Project Admins role are in the permissions for Managing Watchers for both projects

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

I don't quite understand that.

Please, ignore the administrator stuff.  Who has "manage watchers" in each project?  How do your users match those rules?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2017

You have to look in the project permission scheme. You will find there Mange Watcher List Permission. Have a look if you are granted this permission directly as a user or indirectly via groups or roles.

You can read more about managing project permission schemes here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-project-permissions-861253293.html

Suggest an answer