I have a user part of 3 directories. Need to remove him from 2 of them.

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2017

Hi,
I have 3 directories in my JIRA.
2 of them (A and B) are OpenLDAP and 3rd one (C) is LDAP connector directory.

Now the problem is that one of the user is present in all of them.
And he gets to log in with the directory which appears first in the directory order list.

I want to remove the user from the other two directory and have him just be a part of C directory.

Any suggestions?
TIA,
Tayyab 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2017

That will work fine, as you say, just remove the two accounts from the directories you don't want them in.

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2017

How do i remove the accounts? 
The user just shows up once with whatever directory he's avaiable through,

for e.g. if A is on top, then it would show that user is coming through directory A.
likewise for B and C.

I tried to delete the user while he was in directory A. It didn't allow deleting since user had many previous associations 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2017

You need to delete the user from the directories, not JIRA

This will leave orphaned data though - you'll want to bulk-edit that to fix it.

Suggest an answer