• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I have a project where I've assigned two Groups, one to view all issues and other group should only see the issues assigned to them. Can't set this up...any help would be appreciated.

I have a project where I've assigned two Groups, one to view all issues and other group should only see the issues assigned to them. Can't set this up...any help would be appreciated.

Nayemul Chowdhury October 27, 2014

2 answers

0 votes
Nayemul Chowdhury October 28, 2014

Thank you Udo Brand for your answer. Can you please explain little more?

For example, what security level should be added for group A (group to see all issue)?

What security level should be assigned for group B ( to see assigned issues only) ?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2014

You add a security level to issues not to groups. Within a security level is defined who can see an issue, so in your case you would add to this security level the Group A and the issue role assignee. In order to see an issue with this security level you must be in Group A or you must be the assignee. Please check the documentation provided.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2014

you could set up an issue security scheme (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Issue-level+Security).

Use a default security level with group A( the group to see all issues) and assignee.

Suggest an answer