I have a group of users that need to own the same filters and same dashboard

Kathy Plamann February 9, 2015

Hi

I have a group of users that need to own the same filters and same dashboard. How can I accomplish this? I thought of creating a group for the users where they'd all have the same permissions to see if this group could be the owner but I took a class in JIRA that discouraged the use of JIRA groups.

Thanks for any ideas

Kathy

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2015

Hi, Kathy,

By "owner," do you mean that you want multiple users to be able to edit filters and dashboards? Or, do you simply want a group to be able to view those same filters/dashboard? Not sure that I understand your end goal here.

Currently, JIRA doesn't allow you to assign multiple owners to a filter or dashboard - only a single user can be the owner and have edit abilities over a filter or dashboard. There is an open request/suggestion for this to be implementing into JIRA, but right now, there's no way to do that.

I'm not sure if this was the answer you were looking for, but I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Alex 

Kathy Plamann February 9, 2015

Yes Alex you assumed correctly. I did mean that I would like multiple users to edit filters and dashboards. Do you know when this functionality will be available? Thanks Kathy

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2015

Unfortunately, no. It's would definitely be a useful feature, especially for larger organizations. All we can do is wait on Atlassian to include it in a future release or wait for a third-party author to write a plugin/add-on for JIRA. Reading through the comments of that open suggestion, there appear to be some workarounds for now (like creating a single "dummy" user that serves a purpose of controlling all filters/dashboards, then giving everyone access to that "dummy" user account), but I'm not sure if they'll work for you or not.

Suggest an answer