I have Jira Server 7.11 installed and want to add Jira Service Desk but it doesn't work

ERich Gutknecht January 21, 2019

When trying to install Jira Service Desk 8.0 via Administration > Application an error occurs and it tells me to check the logs. Problem.jpg

There is noch SNI-parameter in the setenv.sh-File and the *.bat-File I can't edit (I'm installing on a Windows-Server)....

The Resolution doesn't help because it's the installation that fails and not (yet) the start ;-)

Can anyone explain and tell me what to do? Too bad there is no Atlassian-Support for such a mattter ;-(

ERich

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2019

Hello,

You can not install Jira Service Desk for Jira 8 to Jira 7.11.

The version of your Jira Service Desk must be 3.14.0

Hello Alexey

this is kind of strange, as Atlassian proposes to install it,
please see my Printscreen....(top left and bottom right)

Regards

ERichJira-SD-install.jpg

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2019

The link, which is provided, can be installed via the upgrade procedure. After it your Jira software application will disappear.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Josh loe
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2019

Erich,

You pasted an image, so I can't scroll the message.  I'm interested in what you mean by theres no support from atlassian on the issue?   You can open a ticket.

Have you installed Service Desk before?

I'd recommend updating to the latest version of JIRA, then trying to install Service Desk.

Hello Josh

if you only have a starter license (10 users) you're not allowed to open a ticket:

https://www.atlassian.com/blog?p=37521

I'll try an update to 7.13 and try again, thank you

Regards

ERich

Suggest an answer