I have JIRA6.2 and I want to upgrade it to JIRA6.5. What are the steps needed for this?

Mrityunjay Kumar April 7, 2015

I have JIRA6.2 installed on our server. I need it to upgrade it to JIRA6.5. We need following informations for this activity.

1. What are the steps involved in this?
  2. What are the issues which we might encounter?
  3. How much time it may take?
  4. What are the conditions for this upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 vote
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2015

Hi there,

Complementing what Nic mentioned, we always recommend that you do the upgrade in a test environment beforehand to make sure that the process is complete and you won't have any major downtime in your production environment.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2015

Oddly, the first hit on google is the standard documentation on this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Upgrading+JIRA which covers all of your questions, except maybe "how long", which you won't know until you test it for yourself.

Note that it says 6.4.  6.5 is not even in "early access" yet and even if it was, you should NEVER upgrade to an early-access version of JIRA - they are purely for testing and looking at new features.  

Mrityunjay Kumar April 7, 2015

Hi Nic, Thanks for your response. Yes, we are checking with our client whether they want JIRA 6.4 or 6.5. I will let you know if I would need any more help. Thanks again. :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2015

Doesn't matter what they want. 6.5 isn't there.

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2015

Surely there is some expert who offers time-travel?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2015

Just because I used to work for the BBC, doesn't mean I have access to a TARDIS! (Well, I did, but it wasn't quite functional. They had that issue logged in JIRA of course...)

Suggest an answer