• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I have 5 JIRA users working on calls but only 1 call centre agent. Must I add all people working on calls as agents? How else do I assign a ticket for them to address?

I have 5 JIRA users working on calls but only 1 call centre agent. Must I add all people working on calls as agents? How else do I assign a ticket for them to address?

Henkie Maritz June 13, 2016

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2016

The short answer is yes - you need to give them agent licenses.

If they already have JIRA Software or JIRA Core licenses then you can also create another project, and allow your 1 agent to create JIRA tasks in this project. These tasks should be linked to the original ticket. Your resolver group can process these tasks through an appropriate workflow and when the task is resolved it can update the original JSD ticket.

Does this help?

0 votes
Henkie Maritz June 14, 2016

Thanks for the prompt response.

0 votes
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2016

You can add two types of users for each. Whenever assigning an issue, you can add validators to make sure which user in a group you would like to assign. For example, you can add a validator to verify whether a user in call centre agent is being assigned, when it is in a particular status.

Suggest an answer