• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • I have 5 JIRA users working on calls but only 1 call centre agent. Must I add all people working on calls as agents? How else do I assign a ticket for them to address?

I have 5 JIRA users working on calls but only 1 call centre agent. Must I add all people working on calls as agents? How else do I assign a ticket for them to address?

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

The short answer is yes - you need to give them agent licenses.

If they already have JIRA Software or JIRA Core licenses then you can also create another project, and allow your 1 agent to create JIRA tasks in this project. These tasks should be linked to the original ticket. Your resolver group can process these tasks through an appropriate workflow and when the task is resolved it can update the original JSD ticket.

Does this help?

0 votes
Mahesh S Community Champion Jun 13, 2016

You can add two types of users for each. Whenever assigning an issue, you can add validators to make sure which user in a group you would like to assign. For example, you can add a validator to verify whether a user in call centre agent is being assigned, when it is in a particular status.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

42 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you