I have 1 lakh 45 thousand test cases in JIRA. I need to pull it in single shot. Please advice

Ganesamoorthy S November 22, 2018
I have 1 lakh 45 thousand test cases in JIRA. I need to pull it in single shot. Please advice

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2018

How are your test cases represented?

What do you mean by "pull"?

Ganesamoorthy S November 23, 2018

Pull means Extract into Excel

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2018

And the other question?

Ganesamoorthy S November 24, 2018

I need to extract those 1 lakh 45 thousand test cases into excel. Please advice the way.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 25, 2018

Repeating your question does not answer ours.  Please read the answer again, and give us the information we need.

Ganesamoorthy S November 25, 2018

Ok.Test cases are represented in multiple steps in JIRA

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 25, 2018

But what are they?  How are they represented?  Are they potatoes?  Buttons?  Kittens?  What is the actual object that is a "test case"?  And is it provided by an App?

It is not provided by an app. It is represented as issue type as CASE in jira

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 25, 2018

Ok, you can't download more than 1000 issues in Jira unless you edit a properties file to override the limit.  Even if you do that, 45k is not going to happen - the limit is there to stop people overloading your system, and that only takes a few thousand issues in an export.

Exporting 45k issues sounds totally wrong though - there's too many to be useful to a human, so the question really becomes "why?"  What do you think you can do with a wodge of issues like this?

• It is all about to maintain in single dump file. 
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 25, 2018

I'm sorry, I was not clear there.  What use is this single dump file?  What are you using it for?

For tracking purpose

Alternate ways also please advice

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 25, 2018

45k issues in a dump file is not in the slightest bit useful for "tracking".  As an issue tracker, Jira is far better at tracking your issues.

Could you explain what you're trying to "track"?

Suggest an answer