I got very large issues to be export as excel, and it's very slow. How can I improve it?

Kenny Chai August 26, 2013

I got very large issues to be export as excel( more than 20 000 issues), and it's very slow. How can I improve it? Is there any way to make it export as text file?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2013

by default jira will limit to 1000 issues, check here to know how to increse limit

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Export+More+Than+1000+Results+to+Excel

Yea, I already changed limit to 30000. But, it takes long time to process to excel.

because my user wanna export all the closed issues, which contains 23k issues.

Is there any way I can export it as text file?

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2013

if you made it to the 30k then it will become very slow, i am not sure why you want to export so many issue to excel!

check this

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/57288/how-can-i-use-the-export-to-excel-functionality-for-more-than-1000-issues

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2013

No, and you've found out why there is a 1000 limit by default - the process is heavy on the system and slow.

Rambanam has a very good point - why does someone thing a 23k export is needed? It's no good saying "because they do", the question is what are they trying to achieve? There's almost certainly a much better, faster, cleaner and more functional way to get what they want. Ask them why they're wasting your time and the server resources...

Suggest an answer