I got a Question in Acceptance Criteria. How to reply for that question ?

Sree P December 16, 2015

I started working on JIRA recently. I am looking for a solution on how to answer the questions asked in the Acceptance Criteria inside user stories. 

I am not asking this question with out trying. I tried hard to find an option. I feel comment is not the correct one to reply in this case. Any suggestions will be really great. 

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 vote
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

Hi Sree,

• You can always document the resolution in a confluence page and link that to JIRA story, if comment does not work for you.
  • You can also answer in a word document and attach the file to the story.

Regards

Chander Inguva

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

From what I understand, you have a JIRA installation in which you have a custom field created called Acceptance Criteria. Who is asking questions in that Acceptance Criteria field and why are they asking questions there? Seems like the wrong use of the field.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2015

I agree with Steven here, an acceptance criteria field should be for the acceptance criteria, not people editing the issue to add questions. Either they should be asking in the comments, or you should have a specific workflow option for "ask question" that can pause it in the workflow, prompting for a question (as a comment) and wait for developer response.

Suggest an answer