I get a "Unable to display the issue..." error message each time I create a new issue in the task board. What am I doing wrong.

Amber Buckley June 20, 2012

This is the full message: "Unable to display the issue! Your filter hides the issue. To view it, you have to adjust your filter settings"

I have looked at my filter setting, and do not know what I have to adjust.

These are the steps:

I go to the "task board" for my project

I select "new card"

I create a new User Story ( i have tried creating several new tasks to test)

I assign it the version I am viewing, I assign it to me and its reported by me.

I select Create and Close.

results: I get the above error.

*I have read other "fixes" for this issue that other people have had, and tried them, with no luck. I realize I'm doing something wroing, but I have no idea. Any help would be soooo appreciated!

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2012

I think you need to look very carefully at the filter settings in the task board - check the "view" settings. It may be that your task board is set to (say) "show me issues in version X, and filter it through 'assigned to me'", so if you create a new issue that is not in version X OR is not assigned to you, it won't appear.

Amber Buckley June 20, 2012

Where is this? "at the filter settings in the task board - check the "view" settings"

I have selected to "manage" the contexts where there is a filter tab, but I have selected "none" for my filters and it still is not working.

thanks for your time and help!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2012

It's the view stuff documented at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Using+the+Task+Board but you also need to check that your visible columns include the "new" issues

Suggest an answer