I dont want to force customers to create an account

Lutz Villalba November 21, 2016

I dont want to force them to create an account. I want to use Service Desk like Zendesk. Is that possible? Any user sends an email (connected to Jira), we receive it as a ticket and do our spiel - without the user having to create an account on Jira. Is that possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2016

Lutz, are you trying to eliminate the task of the Account Manager such that the emails come directly from customer into JSD? If not, and you want/can retain the role then why not have the account manager forward filtered emails to JSD. In that way the Account Manger will be the reporter and can have an account in JSD. That has the added benefit of having him/her responsible for their account.

There is a feature request open that likely covers your request that you may wish to up vote. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1708

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2016

No, it needs an account to work with.  So does Zendesk in some ways.

In JIRA, enable the public sign-up though, then incoming emails create the accounts for them, which gets  you quite close.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2016

I think that the public sign up achieves what Lutz asks since the customer doesn't have to "create" and account. The account is created for them when they issue the email request for support. So I would view this as a "yes" answer.

Lutz Villalba November 21, 2016

hmm.

we run a little factory in Germany, and want to manage all inbound emails through Jira. Our Account Manager basically sort the inbound, and then try to win as many new customers as possible. But, we can not force these users to create any account just when they share an inquiry with us. They typically share these inquires with multiple factories...
But we would love to have one shared email, track conversations, etc. 
Is that really not possible?
I currently receive the tickets from those email to Jira, but it sends this message to create an account to the user (sender). Can I not disable this message to the user, and create an account myself if the user converts to a customer, or something close to it? I basically just dont want to send this email for account creation because it doenst make any sense for the user to receive such.
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2016

One shared outgoing email can't possibly work, because you don't know what customer is raising what with you.  You need to be able to identify the users in some way, and an account (even a simple customer account that is created automatically and they don't have to log into if they don't want) is the cleanest way to do this.

Suggest an answer