I don't want issues to be create without epic link, sprint and original estimate as required fields

Saad Tanveer April 26, 2022

I want epic link, original estimate and sprint as required fields while I create any issue in Jira

2 answers

0 votes
Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

Another approach is to use a Workflow Validator. I think they can be used for new issues, before they transition to the first state in the workflow.

On that transition in the workflow, put a set of "Field required" validators, one for each field.

I believe it also allows you to include an error message for the user when the validation is not met. In a case like this, I'd suggest a message like "The Epic Link, Sprint and Original Estimate fields are required".

The decision to use field configuration or workflow validation might be influenced by which of those are shared across multiple projects, and whether this limitation applies to them all.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

Hi @Saad Tanveer 

Make them required within the field configuration of any issue type. Make sure to include them in the create screen of all issue types. Keep in mind that subtasks do not have epic link.

Suggest an answer