I don't want customers to escalate tickets

Sammaël Morgenstern August 18, 2017

My customers see the "Escalate" button on their tickets, how can I disable that and in which logic do customers scalate tickets themselves?

Help me disable that for customers, thanks.

1 answer

2 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2017

Hi Sammaël,

You can remove the option by doing the following:

1. Go to the Project Settings
  2. Edit the Workflow with the Escalation
  3. Click on the transition from waiting on support to escalate or vice versa and you should see a checkbox on the right that says show in customer portal:
    • Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 1.01.50 PM.png
  4. Uncheck the box and save the workflow and your portal should now be missing the Escalate button:
    • Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 1.04.50 PM.png

Cheers,

Branden

Sammaël Morgenstern August 18, 2017

Thank you for your response.

On my project, is unchecked and still customers can see it, what am I forgetting?

Like Matt Reynolds likes this
Matt Reynolds September 16, 2019

Not sure if you ever noticed this, but your workflow transition is likely aligned with another in the diagram view, so you are not actually clicking the transition you think you are.  This happens when you have several statuses routing to a common status and there is an overlapping transition. You might need to reposition the statuses in the diagram to see the specific transition you want to edit.

Eliezer De León October 28, 2019

That worked for me! Thanks a lot, I clicked on the "arrow" (dark line) that goes from waiting for customer to escalate, and I saw the option that Mr. McElveen said.

Like Francesco Schiffini likes this

Suggest an answer