I don't seem to have the rights to update my profile picture on Jira server. Is this A Known issue?

Priyanka khare January 13, 2021

I don't seem to have the rights to update my profile picture on Jira server. Is this A Known issue? When I click on profile I dont get any option to edit my profile pic/avatar. Is there anything to do with the external user directory ?Profile.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

Hello @Priyanka khare ,

what do you mean by external user directory - like a vendor.?
If so I dont think that should cause any problem, because its all about the instance which you are working in.

I found a solved ticket like your problem: (Its tagged Confluence)

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-6754?error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=1f501e6f-4d8d-419d-b342-0c8b218f8278

and is this happening only with your account or is it normal for others in your team.?

My thoughts here is that Does your org not allow you to change to other profile images.? (not really an idea but possible :D)

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

hi @Priyanka khare ,

click on your profile 

image.png

image.pngClick on  avatar

you can able to upload new,

Are you not getting these options. ?

Hello @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH  No i dont get an option to upload new. The avatar is not clickable. 

Regards'

Priyanka

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2021

Which browser you using

Microsoft edge or Google chrome

Hello @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH Does not work on either

Suggest an answer