I don't have the "edit in Office" option in Confluence

Ian Mitchell October 16, 2019

I have an excel sheet on a confluence page but am not able to edit it without downloading. The "edit in office" option is not there, only "edit file"

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2019

Hi Ian,

i was trying to recall if that used to be there and disappeared the other day. For sure the ability is not there today. Did you used to be able to do this? I just can't recall for sure as I do so little of placing MS Office docs into Confluence.

Ian Mitchell October 16, 2019

I have in the past but that was on server based rather than cloud and when I worked with a different company. Looking on-line it looks like it should be possible

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2019

yep i think that is my recollection as well. I did find this thread that might help. TBH, i need to research more on this myself. I expect there is much discussion here in the Community on this and possibly suggestions in JAC.

Like Ian Mitchell likes this

Suggest an answer