I don't get JIRA to work in my Windows 10 machine

Matti Kiviharju
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2016

I don't get JIRA to work in my Windows 10 machine. What is the problem?

1 answer

1 vote
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2016

Great problem description, let's start at the low end of the pool.

Is the computer started?

Do you see stuff on your screen?

Can you input stuff using keyboard and mouse?

Do you seem to have a working network?

Is your JIRA locally installed or a cloud instance?

Did it ever work?

Are you trying to run JIRA on a Windows 10 machine?

Do you see any error message?

Matti Kiviharju
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2016

JIRA is on my local computer and it's installation can't read/write to JIRA_HOME_DIRECTORY.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2016

Check the ownership of the directories - the user running JIRA needs full read/write/execute/delete rights on them.

And, please, have a look through http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html before asking more questions.

Suggest an answer