I do not see the public signup section in JIRA Service Desk

anumaz December 7, 2014

As expressed in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/Configuring+public+signup I want to enable public sign up (customer sign up) for my service desk. This is the first steps to do to enable it:

1. Log in as a user with the 'JIRA Administrators' global permission.
  2. Choose  > Add-ons. Scroll down to the JIRA Service Desk section and choose Configuration.

tickKeyboard shortcut'g' + 'g' + start typing 'service desk'

3. In the Public signup section, enable the setting. 

However, when I reach to that particular page, this is what I see. I don't see any public signup section.

ss+(2014-12-07+at+09.27.59).png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2015

@Anthony Dupont - looks like uninstalling the Add On and then reinstalling using a JSD 2.0 license made the difference for us.

0 votes
teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2014

Hi Anthony.

The public signup feature was introduced in the version 2.0 of Service Desk. Are you using the 2.0 or a more recent version of the plugin.

-Teilor

anumaz December 8, 2014

Version: 2.1.1

Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2015

Anthony - did you solve this? I see the same issue in 2.2.0

Suggest an answer