I do not see User Management under the Gear Icon

Paul Vanderzee July 31, 2017

Try to add new users to a JIRA account, but I do not see User Managment under the menu, only see Applications, Projects, Issues, Addons and System.

Do I need to be a Site Administrator to do this, and if so, how do I become one?

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

Hi Paul,

You need the "JIRA Administrator" application-level permission to manage users.  You don't need the additional "JIRA System Administrator" global permission.

If you're a regular application-admin, you can see your global permissions here: https://yourjiraurl.com/secure/admin/GlobalPermissions!default.jspa

Which flavor and version of JIRA are you using?  Also, are you managing user access in another application?  

In my Server version (v 7.1.1), the link is called "User management" and it's the 5th selection under the "cog" icon at the top right.  In my Cloud version however, the link is the 6th selection, under the "Settings" menu on the left.  See screenshot.  NOTE:  This is the new UI, which has not rolled out to all Cloud instances yet.

new-ui.png

Hope this helps,

Rachel Wright

Paul Vanderzee July 31, 2017

Hello Rachel

When I go to that link, and click on View Users, udner jira-administrators,  I get an error:

You do not have permission to access this page.
Please contact your Site Administrator(s) to request access.

Semi Kefi [demicon GmbH]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2017

Hello Paul,

are you using Cloud or Server (Version)?

/Br

Semi Kefi

Paul Vanderzee August 1, 2017

I am using the online version, so I guess the cloud version.

Suggest an answer