I do not have JIRA adminstrator rights. How can i create the issues in bulk ?

Vineet Prakash July 6, 2017
What i know is that first create csv file (which i did) , then Import issues from csv then formats and all.. when i come to mapping , i am unable to do so (It says DONT MAP this field) because it require Administrator access.. is there some other way that i can create issues in bulk?

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2017

Hi Vineet,

why don't you want to talk to your administrator? 

But anyway, another way would be, using the REST API and create your tickets programmatically.

Hi Thomas,

I had a chat with my administrator to provide me the permission for the admistrator but he refused as he doesnot want me to change anything in the JIRA properties, workflows etc.. 

Can you please let me know how can i do  - > using the REST API and create your tickets programmatically ?

Thanks

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2017

Thank you Thomas. This will going to help me. 

Also i would like to know that suppose i created 2000 issues, how can i extract them in excel ? As i know that , we can only extract upto 1000 issues at one time.. is there some way that we can extract more than 1000 issues ?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2017

Thank you thomas for helping me . I will try the REST API method today and i will see if it works for me. 

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2017

You're welcome :-)

Suggest an answer