• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I deployed JIRA 4.1.1 war in tomcat and it created table in ORacle 10g DB and worked fine.When i stopped the server and restarted it, its not working. Then i Dropped all the tables in DB and tried then it worked fine. What should i do to restart server?

I deployed JIRA 4.1.1 war in tomcat and it created table in ORacle 10g DB and worked fine.When i stopped the server and restarted it, its not working. Then i Dropped all the tables in DB and tried then it worked fine. What should i do to restart server?

naganathan July 9, 2015

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2015

Start by reading the log files to see why it didn't work on restart.  Just restarting it is not going to tell you anything useful

naganathan July 9, 2015

NO logs is printed. Cant we restart the server without dropping the tables?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2015

Well, that's utterly wrong. Jira will NOT run without logging. Same with Tomcat. Please, read the logs to find out what is wrong.. You have no way of knowing what might happen unless you know what the problem is, and the only way to find that out is to read the logs.

naganathan July 14, 2015

Its working fine now. Thanks

0 votes
naganathan July 9, 2015

What should I do to restart the server and run the JIRA app without dropping the table?

Suggest an answer