I'd like to see a full width list of Epics -- just epics.

tkedzierski-optos June 27, 2017

Hello

The overall development teams coordinator (for lack of an official term) has a requirement where they need a view across multiple projects of just the Epics, across multiple projects. These then get assigned to individual projects where they become visible, but they still need to be visible in the collective board/view.

jira_epic_only.png

No matter how I try to configure boards (is there a separate thing I should be looking for instead?), I cannot get a setup where just a listing of epics is displayed in the main layout.

Is this something that is possible in JIRA ?

Thanks

Tai

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2017

This is a backlog view, it pulls the Epics out because you don't rank Epics.   You'll have similar problems with the working board.

But I can get you a view that might be helpful:

• Create a filter for "issuetype = Epic"
  • Create a new Kanban board, selecting that filter as the starting point
  • Modify the columns to match what you need
  • Think of a way to exclude the Epics you are no longer interested in and adjust the "is complete" filter
  • Finally, set the "swimlanes" to "Project"

tkedzierski-optos July 4, 2017

Thanks Nic - I'll give that a go. I was also recommended to use a Search filter for viewing

It does turn out that sorting/ranking was not of relevance - just having a visually unimpeded list somewhere is what we needed so far...

Like Simon Bieri likes this

Suggest an answer