I'd like to know how to rename a workflow

Chris Purser June 4, 2016

I've searched everywhere I can think of for this seemingly simple request, but to no avail.

I can rename the description.  I can copy and edit the actual flow.  But renaming is elusive.

I've searched docs for "rename workflow", "renaming workflow"  "rename workflows"  "renaming workflows"  "rename a workflow"  "renaming a workflow" "workflow renaming" and all of these came back with zero results.  When I search without quotes I get nothing related other that renaming transitions.

Thanks

image2016-6-4 14:57:19.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2016

Copy the workflow, give it a new name, and then update your Workflow Scheme to use the new workflow.

Chris

0 votes
Chris Purser June 4, 2016

So I need to remember this until it is fixed.  The Help icons inside JIRA only lead to Confluence documentation and that has almost no help there for people having trouble.

After requesting assistance and wanting to post my own question, I was ONLY THEN taken to answers.atlassian.com/etc...  and when I searched there, I was able to find my answers.

Sorry for the dup.  I'll create a new issue about getting help from within JIRA and not being able to find it without using a stored bookmark.

Suggest an answer