I created a Cancel screen, however cannot enter resolution to only allow Cancel option

Davina Tsosie March 6, 2017

Hello,

I typically use the Resolve Issue screen and my resolutions are Duplicate, Cannot Reproduce, Closed and Cancel Request. At times if a user opts to Cancel an issue they select Cancel button and that brings up with Resolution issue screen but the default is Closed. So we have issues out there that show status of Cancel but Resolution of Closed. I tried to create a Cancel (resolution) screen for resolution but I cannot find the Resolve Issue Screen to remove all options but Cancel. I would like a Cancel Resolution screen for when a user selects Cancel. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Davina

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2017

Best option is to remove the resolution from the cancel screen. Then, when someone uses the "cancel" transition, use a post-function to set the resolution for them automatically.  Fewer clicks for them, and a 100% accurate transition result.

Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2017

Do like Nic say and leave the concept of a status of Cancel and look at the resolution of "Cancelled" or "Rejected".

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2017

As Nic says. Never give the user an option if you know what you want for a result. 

Davina Tsosie March 7, 2017

that will solve the issue. one more question, what is the best approach to a prompt asking the user if they are sure they would like to cancel? If I add it to a screen it shows Cancel/Cancel at the bottom as options.

thanks for your help,

Davina

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2017

Mmm, good point.  I try to choose transition names that are not "cancel".  Halt, waive, void, reject etc.

Suggest an answer