I create an issue in JIRA and then get the message that "JIRA issue is created but not currently visible"

TheMoody July 2, 2014

This just started occuring in a Support Project we have had set up for a while. There are no notificaitons that go out and when I do go into the issue I can see the issue but only allowed to assign to myself.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2014

That usually happens when you've given yourself "create" rights but not "browse" in the project.

However, the fact you can then see it later implies there is something odd going on.

First, can you tell us where you are doing the "create" from? Plain Jira? Service Desk? An Agile board?

Second, could you tell us what you have listed in the permissions for "create issue" and "browse project"?

TheMoody July 2, 2014

I am creating the issue through plain JIRA and the permissions for "create issue" is JIRA-users.

TheMoody July 2, 2014

browse is JIRA-users as well and there is no issue security scheme with this project.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2014
OK, good. What about "browse"? Also, to rule it out, do you have an issue security scheme on the project?
TheMoody July 2, 2014

more info...I am able to filter on the issue through JQL, but when I go to agile board and do the same filter as a quick filter it does not show the issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2014

Useful info.

Thing is, I'm getting increasingly convinced you're using Jira Agile, not plain Jira. Everything you're seeing is consistent with being in Agile, clicking "create", going through the creation process, and then creating an issue which does not match the filter you've got on that board. Not the "quick filter", but the actual board filter

If, for example, I'm on a board that has a filter of "Project = Who and component = Dalek" , I see all the Dalek related issues. I click create and create a new issue there, and put down component of Cyberman, instead of Dalek, then when I commit it, I get exactly the message you see. The issue can be seen in Jira, it can be searched, it works fine, but because it's not included in the board filter, it throws exactly "Jira issue is created but not currently visible"

Suggest an answer