I couldn't see Rich text controls like Bold, Italic, enabling bullets etc.

While writing stories in Description field earlier I use to have the Rich text controls like making the text bold/Italic/underline, enabling bullets etc. But now I couldn't see any kind of controls.

4 answers

0 votes

Hey Nic,

I checked it in Fields from settings, it is showing the Default Text 

Jira2Help.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2017

Default Text Renderer means it uses simple unformatted text.  You'll need to get that changed to a renderer that does format text.

Thank You @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I just saw it is changed to Wiki Style Renderer. But I am wondering how it got changed as I am not allowed to change eventhough I am a project admin. I think the tool administrator can make changes to the same. Isn't it ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2017

Yes, you need to be a JIRA admin to do that, so one of them did it.

(Project admins have some more admin rights over fields in 7.4, but only in certain circumstances, and I'm not sure the renderers are changeable even then)

0 votes

Hey Steve,

Here are the screenshots

JiraHelp.pngYou can see the controls are not visible on Description field.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2017

Looks like the field configs to me

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2017

First thing to check is the field configuration for the project and issue type.  What "renderer" does it say it has for Description?  If it's plain text, that is the problem, as you need the rich text one.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2017

Screenshots please? It's not clear.

Suggest an answer