I cannot use Service desk projects after installing Service Desk

Hi,

I installed Service Desk and I am using evaluation License. 
But I am unable to see Queues, Reports, SLAs in the projects. 

In project administration, all the SD pages (Request Types, SLAs) they are not working and instead the following error comes when I open the page:

{quote}

You need to be a Service Desk Agent to access this page. Contact your administrator if you need access.

{quote}

The permission scheme for SD is not working properly either. I cannot see Service Desk Agent permission in the Scheme. 

Has SD been installed properly? Im not quite sure what to do here? 
I just installed the SD couple of times over again, same behavior. 

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

The issue is resolved now. 
The service desk wasn't installed properly. I had to restart JIRA services for Service Desk to take effect.

I'm not sure why restart was necessary, but issues have been rectified after the restart. 

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Muhammad,

You would need to add your current user to the Project Role 'Service Desk Team' in the Users and roles page (yoururl/plugins/servlet/project-config/PROJECTKEY/roles).

If the above doesn't work, could you post a screenshot of your users and roles page and permission scheme?

The permission Service Desk Agent does not exist, it would be a permission granted to the Project Role Service Desk Team.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

179 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you