I cannot use Service desk projects after installing Service Desk

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2017

Hi,

I installed Service Desk and I am using evaluation License. 
But I am unable to see Queues, Reports, SLAs in the projects. 

In project administration, all the SD pages (Request Types, SLAs) they are not working and instead the following error comes when I open the page:

{quote}

You need to be a Service Desk Agent to access this page. Contact your administrator if you need access.

{quote}

The permission scheme for SD is not working properly either. I cannot see Service Desk Agent permission in the Scheme. 

Has SD been installed properly? Im not quite sure what to do here? 
I just installed the SD couple of times over again, same behavior. 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2017

The issue is resolved now. 
The service desk wasn't installed properly. I had to restart JIRA services for Service Desk to take effect.

I'm not sure why restart was necessary, but issues have been rectified after the restart. 

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2017
0 votes
Daniel Vargas Llopis
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2017

Hi Muhammad,

You would need to add your current user to the Project Role 'Service Desk Team' in the Users and roles page (yoururl/plugins/servlet/project-config/PROJECTKEY/roles).

If the above doesn't work, could you post a screenshot of your users and roles page and permission scheme?

The permission Service Desk Agent does not exist, it would be a permission granted to the Project Role Service Desk Team.

Suggest an answer